REVIEW & GIVEAWAY: ‘The Detailers’ by Beautyblender
That Rea Ann Silva is at it again! After massive success (understatement) with her pink Beautyblender makeup sponges, she is back again to release her very first brush collection! Let’s take a look!
PRICE: $75.00 USD
DESCRIPTION: “The Detailers by Beautyblender are the result of my twenty-five year career as a Makeup Artist, having hundreds of make-up brushes at my disposal. These are the curated brushes that work together with Beautyblender to create a complete make-up application,” says Rea Ann Silva, Beautyblender’s creator. “Fool-proof and easy!”
BRUSHES: [Click the white dots on image above for interactive details!]
- –> Plush Brush: Combination of a powder and blush brush. The shape of the brush’s head is designed to mimic the shape of a Beautyblender – which fits the rounded, soft contours of the face.
- –> Chisel: A sculpting eye shadow brush & contour brush. Synthetic fibers allow it to be versatile for shaping the face and eyes. Works beautifully as an eye, cheek, jaw and nose contour tool.
- –> The Sketcher: Doubles as an Eyeliner & Brow Liner brush. Designed to work effortlessly whether you’re left or right handed. Easy way to “make a flare” with eye makeup.
- –> Brow Brush: Shapes a natural and sculpted brow. New go-to tool for eyelash extensions.
- –> Lip Brush: Mini concealer brush for special, small, hard to reach areas like the creases around your nose.
- –> Soft Touch: Most basic, easy-to-use soft touch application. Used for eyeshadows and highlights.
MY PROFESSIONAL THOUGHTS:
From the view of a professional, what I most value in brushes are (1) blendability and (2) durability. To be honest, I don’t really care about the claims of ‘veganism’ and such. Bottom line: I need tools that are going to perform! Needless to say, these cruelty-free brushes stood-up to the test.
The first thing that struck me about these brushes were their height. Measuring-in at a mere 5 inches, they were very reminiscent of the Billy B line of brushes; short, stout, and balanced. I am usually leery of short brushes because I have a HUGE hand. Like, this is a grown man’s hand I’m working with, so short brushes are typically off of my radar. Even with being short, I found the brushes comfortable to use.
The next thing that I noticed was the build of the brush. Now… listen… I LOVE animals. I swear I do. But I am NOT one of these vegan brush people. There is no brush I treasure more on this earth than my Hakuhodo blue squirrel Kokutan finishing brush. Nothing compares to the way that animal fur can spread a Tom Ford eyeshadow. Nothing I tell you! However, these are up there in terms of “real feel.” “Real feel” is my own term for how well synthetic bristles can replicate the movement and feel of animal fur. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being TERRIBLE, and 10 being PERFECT) these come in at about an 8.5… It don’t get more “real feeling” than these. I’d say they are a bit softer than the Cozzette brushes, which is hard to imagine, but they are! Now that I’ve established that these are actual, working, blendable brushes, it is an added benefit to know that they are manufactured as cruelty-free and PETA-friendly.
Final thoughts: If you’re looking for synthetic brushes that are actually DURABLE and have the feeling of real hair, I would say to give these puppies a whirl. I wasn’t disappointed.
[SIDENOTE: It also came with this super-cute bungee-bracelet!]
GIVEAWAY – GIVEAWAY – GIVEAWAY
Luckily for you guys, Beautyblender sent me an extra set of brushes to let my readers try! I am going to be giving away a set of these on Friday, January 31st. All you have to do is:
 Log into your Facebook account
 Leave a comment ON THIS BLOG POST saying “I Love Beautyblender and ProBeautyBlog.com”
I will use www.Random.org to pick a winner. Contest is open to residents of the United States of America only. Contest will close at 11:59pm on Friday, January 31st, 2014.
Well, good luck!
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.